Putting a Face To The Blog - Carl Manes, I Like Horror Movies

One of the main ideas of the Horror Blogger Alliance is to bring all of us horror bloggers together and give us a little community to hang out with one another in. Lets face it, we all live at opposite ends of the country, even the world, so we may never actually meet in person - but that doesn't mean we can never see one another! The blogs I enjoy reading the most are the ones written by people I know a little about and they're the ones I can put a face to. When you can put a face to the person writing the blog, that's when you really care about what that person has to say. The way I see it, blogging isn't just about good writing, it's also about the personality behind the blog. So I thought the HBA would be the perfect platform to put faces to the blogs and what better person to kick this off with than Carl Manes, founder of The Horror Blogger Alliance and the man behind I Like Horror Movies.

Here's Carl Manes, along with his lovely wife and child.

Photobucket

At the conventions with Hershell Gordon Lewis.

At the beach with Horror Baby.


If you would like to be featured in 'Putting a Face To The Blog', drop me an e-mail at mortis45@aol.com with your name, your picture, and a link to your blog!

21 comments:

Scare Sarah said...

This is a great idea. Such a cute picture!

Wings1295 said...

Great idea & great shot! Carl has a lovely family. And he is much younger than I thought he was, so I even learned something!

I Like Horror Movies said...

Thanks guys and thanks for creating this great new feature Johnny! For some more fun facts, Im 26ish, graduated from Cal Poly Pomona with a Bachelor's in Liberal Studies (HA!), got married at 22, baby at 24. We live here in Oceanside, and outside of writing I love to draw, surf, pretend to play guitar, play video games, read, and occasionally get out of the house to go to the museums, parks, or other events. I talk really fast too.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful family Carl. Keep on rockin' good sir.

B-Movie Becky said...

The cutest family and one of the coolest bloggers ever!!!!

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

Wow, you look normal :D Great picture! Thanks for sharing this is a great idea!

Cheers!

Elwood Jones said...

This is a great idea and really another reason why this community we have created is so good. Be good to see some of the other blogger's maybe get an interview feature going, were a diffrent blogger is interviewed each week.

J. Astro said...

I can fully & honestly attest that Carl is da shiznit.

Honolulu Girl-Suz said...

Carl, you must be my brother. I went to Cal Poly Pomona and then moved to San Clemente. My husband got transfered, and now we're in Hawaii but all our family is still in SC or Carlsbad.
I agree with you. Seeing a face, just makes it that much more approachable (a horror blog). Let's be honest, when talking scary movies, there are tons of fans out there, too timid to comment or stop by because the fear the freak on the other end, will hunt them down in their nightmare.
Showing people, that horror fans, come in all shapes and sizes, encourages others to step forward, start following some of these great blogs, and maybe even check out a cool movie here and there.

Honolulu Girl-Suz said...

BTW, get used to me. I write incredibly long comments for some reason. Sorry?!

I Like Horror Movies said...

Nice, whenever anyone says "Cal Poly" you know as well as I do they always assume you went to SLO, glad to see another Bronco! I only go to Carlsbad beaches, so much cleaner than Oceanside and much less crowded. Send in the longest comments you can muster, no one is here to judge!

Unknown said...

very cool, we all have faces and places with families... i promise to share some of the personal...

jeremy

Unknown said...

okay stop on by, i posted the real me, not some fake copy of a guy who looks like me... please stop by and show the love, and be kind... lol.

http://theevilmonster.blogspot.com/2010/02/me-and-guy-from-evil-dead.html

i am really enjoying where the hba is going!
thanks,
jeremy

Lee said...

awesome pictures and great looking family.

Matt-suzaka said...

Great pics, Carl! Surprised you didn't post any of the ones you submitted to Playgirl!

Strange Kid said...

Great idea, its awesome to put a face with the man behind the mask. I look forward to many more installments to come.

Anonymous said...

Great Pics. Great idea too. Carl is a good guy.

the jaded viewer said...

What a cute kid. Thanks for sharing.

Fred [The Wolf] said...

Wow, I thought you were older as well, Carl. Only 26-ish? I just turned 29! Holy crap. Cute pics. God bless you and your family. I like this feature alot.

the ringmaster's realm said...

This is an awesome idea! Carl, great pictures and a great family!

I Like Horror Movies said...

Thanks everyone, baby looks just like mom did when she was growing up, but she has my chin and bad attitude lol.. Cant wait to see everyone else popping up, be sure to send in your submissions to Johnny at horrorbloggeralliance@hotmail.com!

HBA MASTER BLOG ROLL